Pages

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Exciting News: An Update About Life

Last I wrote, I was just settling into my apartment in Tallahassee. By now I have survived nearly two semesters here (~6 weeks left in the current semester). And I love it. I really love this city, and I love my apartment, love the campus, love the weather.

Tallahassee now feels like home. In August, I adopted a beautiful little fur-baby named Penny. She is the absolute sweetest cat. Then in October, I adopted another kitten named Pepper. She is quite the handful. But she's sweet when she's not bouncing off the walls and getting into trouble.

Penny is so cute!
She's just the sweetest.

She gets into all sorts of trouble.


















Pepper is adorable when she's cuddling

It's now just the beginning of Spring Break -- I've got tons of work to do, but it'll be nice to have a week off from going to classes and teaching. Honestly, all I can think about is planning for this summer.

In May, a couple other TAs and I will be going to Peru for a week. Planning is still in the early stages as of now (only just bought the plane tickets a few hours ago), but the general plan is to hit Lima, Cusco, and Machu Picchu.

Then, in June I'll be leaving for Europe again -- I got a post as the program assistant for the study abroad program in Paris. Basically, I get an all-expenses-paid trip to Paris. And I'm taking advantage of my time over there to go a bit early and come back a bit later -- the initial plan is to travel around Provence (Aix-en-Provence, Arles, Avignon) before Paris, then to travel around north-eastern France, Luxembourg, and the Walloon region of Belgium (Lille, Luxembourg City, and flying out of Brussels). I actually got the news back in October, but was waiting to get confirmation that we had gotten enough participants and were actually going before I announced anything.

I'll also be visiting Michigan near the end of May to spend some time with my family, and then again in September for a Super Special Event for my best friend, Vanessa.

It's hard to believe I'm nearly halfway finished with my Masters. But this time next year, I'll be finishing up my thesis and preparing for comps and graduation. I'm hoping to be able to some research to that end while I'm in Paris -- make use of the libraries and archives of museums, but we'll see what I can work out.

I should be updating again in May about our trip to Peru. And then again over the summer while I'm in Europe.

Until then, DFTBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment